Have you ever wondered why you should not use body lotion on your face or wash your face with regular soap?
Here are five good reasons to consider swapping to something more specific to your skin's needs.
1. Facial skin is more often exposed to sunlight and is more susceptible to the aging effects of UV radiation. To prevent aging, your face needs more care and protection than the rest of your body. Applying skincare rich in probiotics (Acai Hydra Cream) is one way you can protect your skin from free radicals and pollution that damage the skin.
2. Facial skin is more sensitive to hormonal changes in the body. Imbalance in the skin can occur when the hormone Androgen causes the skin to produce an excess or a deficit of sebum (oil). Skin concerns such as acne or dryness can occur when the production of oil is not stable.
Acne occurs more often in the facial skin because the face has the highest number of sebaceous glands per square inch. If these glands produce too much sebum it will cause oily skin and acne, if glands produce too little sebum, your skin will become dry and sensitive.
By using the right products for your skin type, you can balance out oily or dry skin. The Herbal Face Oil is a great Face Oil for those with dry and sensitive skin, while the Geranium Face Oil will benefit you who struggle with oily skin.
3. Repeated muscle movements in the face. One reason we get facial wrinkles is because they are caused by a repeated action, such as smiling, which is why we get fine lines around our mouth or eyes. We may see fine wrinkles appearing first around and under our eyes as this is where the skin is thinner and more delicate compared to the rest of our body.
It may be wise to use some customized products that can help to preserve the elasticity of the skin so that wrinkles are kept to a minimum. Our customers love our Amaranth Series, three products infused with Amaranth Oil which is loved around the world for its anti aging results.
4. Facial skin (including the chest) is thinner and more sensitive than the skin of your body. Because of this, your face requires products that are gentle and non stripping. Many household soaps and body washes contain stripping chemicals such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which strip the skin of natural oils and can cause irritations such as itchy skin or eczema. By avoiding the use of strong chemicals on your delicate areas, you will take care of your skin, keeping it balanced and calm.
5. The number of skin cells in the skin of the face is fewer than the rest of the body (except the skin of genitalia). The top layer of the facial skin is called the stratum corneum and it is far more delicate than the rest of the skin on your body. As a result of this, our facial skin is damaged easily as it is more sensitive compared to other parts of the body. It is important to wash the facial skin with a product that is gentle and adapted to the pH level of our skin.
If your current cleanser leaves your skin dry or tight, it’s time to swap it out! Our Sweet & Creamy Oil Cleanser has won over 9 awards and will cleanse in depth without drying out the skin.
Our customers have had amazing results with our natural and organic skincare range. If you want to provide your skin with the safest and best quality ingredients, have a look at our range of Marina Miracle skin care products.