Advanced & Effective Organic skincare from Norway
Hyaluronic Acid - The Ultimate Moisturiser
Hyaluronic Acid - (C14H21NO11)n
○ One gram of hyaluronic acid can bind up to one liter of water!
○ Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
○ Helps keep skin collagen and elastin stable
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance in the skin known for its amazing ability to attract and hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water.
Hyaluronic Acid is actually not an acid, but a sugar, glycosaminoglycan, which binds water and forms it into a gel. This gel acts as a lubricant between the elastic fibres in our skin. It protects the connective tissue from particles and bad bacteria. Hyaluronic Acid is also found in the articular fluid, in the fluid in the eye, and egg cells are also surrounded by Hyaluronic Acid.
Hyaluronic Acid's most important job is to keep the skin, collagen and elastin stable, balanced and continuously renewed.
Why use Hyaluronic Acid in skincare?
This is the ultimate ingredient for dry and dehydrated skin!
Hyaluronic Acid improves the moisture levels in the skin and makes the skin feel softer, smoother and plumped. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles can also be reduced because these often appear the most when skin is dry and dehydrated.
What is so special about the Hyaluronic Acid we use?
We use two different high quality Hyaluronic Acids and both are organic ECOCERT and COSMOS certified, vegan and derived from glucose, soy peptone and yeast extract. Hyaluronic acid is produced biotechnologically through microbial fermentation with the aid of yeast extract and peptones and serums.
1. SLMW Hyaluronic Acid (super low-molecular-weight) form is made by enzymatically cleaving high-molecular weight hyaluronic acid into small fragments. Molecular weight 8-15kDa.
2. Large sugar molecule hyaluronic acid and holds 500 times its own weight of water. Molecular weight 800-1200kDa.
When using both low molecule and large molecule Hyaluronic Acid we manage to hydrate the skin on every level, making it even more effective for dry and dehydrated skin.
We make an unique blend of Hyaluronic Acids so that the skin can easily 'drink' and use this amazing ultimate moisturiser.